Complex is looking for an extremely organized editorial intern to join our Operations team this summer. Working in the Editorial Department will give interns the opportunity to gain invaluable editorial skills and learn the web and print processes while working on subjects ranging from pop culture and music to technology and style. Candidates must be enrolled in college, able to commute to New York City and be available to work at least two days each week to be considered for this position.
Our ideal candidate is:
· Enrolled in college majoring in Journalism, English, Communications or a related field
· Flexible, willing to learn and a dedicated hard worker
· Experienced with Google calendars/spreadsheets and Microsoft Excel
· Able to work quickly and efficiently on tight deadlines
· Creative and witty (a love of rap music is a bonus, but by no means a prerequisite)
· Assisting with budgets
· Managing calendars
· Scheduling events
· Writing and copyediting when necessary
· Transcribing interviews
· Conducting research for editors
Please include your resume, cover letter and weekdays that you are available to work.
Complex is a media platform and an online community that publishes the best, most diverse and most relevant voices in culture, period. With over 120 million unique monthly visitors and 1.4B monthly page views, Complex makes culture pop from its collection of partners, brands and its hub site Complex.com for one of the most sought after audiences of millennial influencers ever assembled.