Complex Media’s owned and operated film and television site, Collider, is looking for social media interns to join the team for the summer semester, with light (but daily) editorial duties. Working in the editorial department will give interns the opportunity to gain invaluable editorial skills and working on social will help students learn that the modern front page of editorial is on social media. This is a dual position, with heaviest emphasis on social media. Candidates must be able to commute to New York City and be available to work at least three days each week to be considered for this position.
Our ideal candidate is:
· Enrolled in college majoring in Journalism, English, Film Studies, or a related field
· Knowledgeable, willing to learn, and a dedicated hard worker
· Interested in film and television
· Able to work quickly and efficiently on tight deadlines
· Basic video editing skills is a plus
· Creative and witty (ability to make allusions to past films is a great plus!)
· Posting of articles, videos and images to Facebook, Instagram and Tumblr
· Researching film and television anniversaries for social posts
· Transcribing interviews
· Uploading reviews to review databases like Rotten Tomatoes, IMDb, etc.
· Creating social videos (or sourcing for clips, if you do not have previous video editing experience)